Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Wii

Since the Nintendo Wii has come into our home, things have changed. Sure, it's great for playing with friends. Sure it's funny watching your friends bowl for the first time. Sure, baseball is difficult so it makes you mad. As you can tell here from a recent tennis match up:

Mixed Pics 058
J & D playing tennis

Victory Go Dan

But ladies, let me warn you. The Wii is an addiction. Yes, I said it, an addiction. Not only is J addicted to the Wii, but I am addicted to the Wii. Not to mention the 120 hours Jason spent defeating Zelda, but we are now addicted to the original Super Mario Brothers. It's like I cannot go on with life until I defeat this game!

However, some games are not good for our marriage. For example, last night it was Mario Kart (yep, the old school version) which I personally hate. But J wanted to play so we did. Of course, he wins every time and I get frustrated and mad. It doesn't help that he knows every single course and I've only played the game twice. So yeah... not fun for us.

But overall, the Wii was a great purchase. I'd rather us stay in and bowl than spend the money to do it for real (and might I add, I'm fairly good at bowling on the game but not in real life). I give a 10, especially for entertaining.

No comments: