Monday, March 19, 2007

You had what delivered??

One of the biggest hassles for me has always been grocery shopping. You have to lug around a cart, walk up and down the aisles and then stand in line while someone "checks you out." Gross. I dread it with a passion. On Saturday, we knew it was grocery day. We stewed on it and after about two hours of putting it off, I decided that I would try Peapod by Giant. For those that don't live near Condo C, you may not be familiar so let me explain. Peapod is a grocery delivery service offered from the local Giant supermarket. You go online, pick what you want from the grocery store and then they deliver it to your home. What could be better, right??? I pulled the laptop into the kitchen, clicked my way through cool whip, bananas, etc. and formulated my grocery list. Placed the order, waited til my delivery time and boom, there are the groceries.

I agree with others that I've talked to, this is addictive. Our Peapod delivery man was nice enough to bring our groceries into our kitchen, gave me a list of the items I bought and informed me that they were, unfortunately, out of queso. It was the easiest thing I've done all week! It's as if we went to Giant, walked the aisles and stood in line... but we didn't. This may have changed our lives. Especially now that we are down to one car.

These are the little things that we will miss when one day we don't live in the big city. Hopefully by then, whereever we land will have the same service, but for now, big city life is really paying for the lazy (like us). This has made me think about all the other things that we take for granted having at our fingertips here in the city. Lately, the metro has been the biggest blessing. I'm definitely thankful for the public transportation that gets me to and from work daily (now I am not thankful for the $6.60 it costs me a day to get to and from work but that's for a different post). We're also thankful for the many restaurants around condo c that we frequent (a little too often I admit). We know we're lucky. We won't live here forever so it's good we've got this point in our lives to enjoy all these nice-ities. Wait, did I just make that word up?

No comments: