Thursday, March 29, 2007

SPF- Behind

So recently I have discovered a passion for reading. I have breezed through books that would normally take me months to finish and I credit this all to riding the metro for an hour every day. I guess I can't complain about the metro too much, huh? So last night, during our nightly walk, we stopped in our local library and I got a library card. I know what you're thinking, wow, what a fifth grade thing to do, get a library card! Well, you're right I felt like a kid again. It was everything I remembered... stuffy book smell and all. I checked out two books that I'm excited to read, Running With Scissors and The Three Junes so if you've read either, let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.

My SPF this week is a picture of me hiding "BEHIND" a book.
jb 005
By the way, Mr. J is proud of himself for taking this picture. Happy Friday everyone!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

I need to start reading again! I played SPF too!

Army of Mom said...

I would welcome that commute time to read. In Texas, we have to drive everywhere (unless you live in the city - like Dallas or Fort Worth and can take the bus or light rail).

I have been tearing through books, too, and trying to read all those books on my shelf that I've been ignoring. But, I think the library card is a great (and affordable) way to read a lot. Good for you!

Thanks for stopping by.

Kami said...

Great pic, Mr. J!

Unknown said...

Its nice to see someone behind a book every once in a while.

Thanks for stopping by, I played too!

Unknown said...

I'm like the only person who didn't like that book lol

happy spf though, I played :)

Jenni said...

Behind a book is my favorite place to hide!

Happy SPF! I played too.

Suzanne R said...

You're reminding me of the book I have started and not gotten too far into. One of these days! I like your "behind" idea -- neat pic! Thanks for stopping by.

tommie said...

haven't read either book....I dream of the day I am not reading Cat in the Hat, or Are you my Mother?

I played.

Arlene said...

Reading is one of my most favorite things! I read so much, I'm a member of a book club thingie and I get books in the mail every month :-) Glad you've found a new and wonderful passion!
I played too :-)