Thursday, April 12, 2007

Priceless

My 16 yeard old brother DK plays baseball for his high school Varsity team. The coach's father is a legend among the baseball players. He comes to every practice and game and tells stories of his baseball days. They all love it and he's become the unofficial grandfather to all the baseball players.

This week is spring break, so DK came to the hospital where mom works to pick her up and take her out to lunch. After lunch, he says to her, "Mom, before I leave, I have to go visit the coach's father, he's here at the hospital and I've got to go see him." My mom said, "Ok," and then went along her way without thinking twice about it.

The next day, mom runs into the baseball coach in the cafeteria and he says to her, "Your son visited my father yesterday and it meant the world to him. He's the only player that has even thought about him being sick, much less came to visit him and that means a lot. He's a good kid, that DK." Mom smiles proudly with a tear in her eye and says, "Yes, he is a good kid." Talk about knowing you've done a good job as a parent!

My brother

Here's my little brother pitching at his game on Monday night. He finished the game off by pitching in the last inning and they won. Go Wildcats!

1 comment:

Army of Mom said...

That's awesome. As a mother, those are the kinds of stories that you LOOOOOVE to hear. We all want to raise wonderful children into wonderful adults. Sounds like your mom has done a great job. Many kudos to her.